Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Good read!

Hey ladies, I wanted to recommend a good book for you and & your hubbies. In our commmunity group we have been reading: Discovering Your Spouse's Spiritual Gifts. (By Don and Katie Fortune). If you've read Love Languages (which, I'm pretty sure we all read in like a 9th grade Bible study) its pretty similar to that, but more in depth. It defines your spiritual giftsas a "motivational gift", meaning what motivates you to serve and love others for God. It breaks in down into the following:
Compassionate, Perceiver, Teacher, Giver, Server, Exhorter, Administrator.
Each comes from Romans 12. Now, I'm sure you've taken like 30 of these types of personality/ministry tests before and I'll say I was a little jaded as well. But the purpose is also to use it to understand and minister to your spouse! So I think the focus is a bit clearer. Anways, its really helped me understand and appreciate David's quirks more, he's a server & I'm compassionate. The server chapter for David was like reading his maual for life, it was seriously eerie how well it described David. Makes the annoying things he does endearing almost. The book sells for like $7 on Ebay so check it out. I'd love to know all of yours ladies. Though I'd bet that we'd all rank first in Compassionate!

No comments: